Saturday, August 3, 2013

Changing Lives

This letter is from a missionary from Africa, Martin Kiogora, which our Livingston Fellowship has supported in his mission to become a Seventh Day Adventist pastor. We are so proud of him for completing his studies and devoting his life to spreading the word of God.
"I write to thank you for your continued prayers and support on my behalf. It’s now three years since I first wrote you a letter requesting educational support. You responded positively and gave me your unwavering support for my education and my upkeep. You wrote me letters of encouragement and even prayed for me as a body and as individuals when I got sick. Hardly did I lack anything even when my personal needs were pressing and you were experiencing the effects of recession, still you sacrificed for my needs. I lack the proper words to express my sincere gratitude for these acts of kindness stemming from unselfish love. Your willingness to be used by God has helped me complete my Bachelor’s degree and thus realize my dreams, something I thought I would never achieve owing to my challenging background. This has served to increase my faith and confidence in the promises of God that He will never leave nor yet forsake me. You’ve helped me make history in my family as the first member to acquire a degree and by doing so I have set a precedent for my young brother and my cousin to follow. This achievement means so much to me and also for the course of God here in Kenya. I have acquired skills and techniques for making my ministry and talents more effective. While this is true I realize the techniques and skills of themselves don’t make one effective, but it’s the total surrender to God and dependence on Him that will guarantee me success. It is God who has called me and it Him who will qualify me for His glory. Hence I feel a deep need of God in my life and humbly seek His will and purpose for my life daily. That way my education makes me more humble and a willing vessel to be used of God just like Paul of old who was endowed with intelligence and knowledge yet submitting to God who upbraideth not but gives knowledge liberally. So my training besides honing my skills in the knowledge of the word of God has also opened an avenue for me for a life of devoted and dedicated service to God and man as a minister of the glad tidings of the Cross. I now will move forward believing and trusting that the grace of God is sufficient for me for it will supply all my needs for ministry. I believe God is not yet finished with me and so I keep my eyes and heart wide open for His leadings."

No comments:

Post a Comment